Sunday, July 02, 2006

new to S P gift exchange

Name:
We are Earl and Misty Ballantyne from Greenville, SC. We have 2 adopted children (nsn girl and a sn boy) from China and are adopting our third. Originally we were going for another infant girl, but God had other plans and has directed us to our new daughter SN Waiting child, Fu Dan, who is in Fuzhou, Jiangxi Province.

Child's Age: Fu Dan or Danielle FuDan Ballantyne is currently 12 yrs old and will be 13 on October 10th. (Her short name will be Dani.)

Room Theme: She will be sharing a room with her little sister, but the room is lavender with a multi colored quilt as the bed covering, so pinks, blues, bright greens, purples, white, yellow will all go with there decor. Hannah currently has some butterfly accents... those most likely will stay as they aren't too babyish.

Hobbies: Computers (dh and I both are in IT), reading (Dee Henderson is one of my favs), movies, and house renovations.

Favorite Movies: Mine are the classic chick flicks... While you were Sleeping, and Sleepless in Seattle, Something New. His are mainly anything Sci-Fi and the Lord of the Ring series. We have a really (extensive) decent mix of all genre.

Favorite Music: Contemporary Christian, SCC, Mercy Me, Casting Crowns... 80's music (dating myself I'm sure now...)

Registered: We aren't registered anywhere... But we have stores like Penney's, Belk, Target, and Walmart readily available. Some of my favorite stores for kids, is Pottery Barn, and the quilt in their room is like those on the PBKids site.

Something I would want my secret pal to know about me/us: We really aren't fussy, and would appreciate anything really. We don't have much for a 12 year old girl yet, so that is pretty much wide open. We know she is approximately 4'5" tall and weighs about 70 lbs. And we take those measurments with a grain of salt!! I am aside from doing IT work, also a Licensed Massage Therapist. So as much pampering as I do...I don't often get to enjoy that myself, so I do like small indulgences.

We are excited to be on this journey again and to be sharing it with you and watching as you are united with your sweet children! Thank you in advance.
Misty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home