Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Greetings!

Hi all!

I was told to tell a bit about myself so here goes! My name is Dawn Shelton and I live in Minneapolis with my husband Lee and some garanimals (dogs, cats, fish, birds). I work for Entertainment (the big coupon books) and am also a singer (www.dawnshelton.com) as is my husband (www.gnunion.com). We are decorating our nursery with Looney Tunes, primarily Bugs Bunny, my childhood hero.


We have been married for 15 years this Christmas and Olivia will be our first child. We are so excited!


Girl or Boy requested: A Girl, age 6-14 months.

Likes: I love animals; spending time with my husband, friends and family; playing games; watching movies; traveling and doing creative projects. My favorite thing about Minnesota summers is canoeing and swimming in the lakes and my favorite thing about Minnesota winters is doing any of these other indoor activities by the fireplace sipping hot cocoa. I like my job, and feel blessed to say so. I also adore children. It's about time I have one of my own! We are active in our church and the Lydia Fund (lydiafund.org).

Dislikes: Anything too "cutesy" or frilly. Road construction. Spiders. Beans. People who can't see the possibilities. Health problems!

Hobbies/Collections: I like to scrapbook, knit, sew (I am not that good - I am learning how to make handbags right now). I am not big on collections at all unless we are talking about Bugs Bunny again.

Favorite fragrance or scent: I only use the little sprays from Bath & Body Works. I like light scents, nothing to perfumey. I love the True Blue Spa line at B & B Works. I like scented candles, but more in the cinnamon/vanilla/Christmassy scents.

Favorite books: Fried Green Tomatoes, The Waiting Child and any autobiography or biography.

Favorite movies: Ok here's where you see that I am 36 going on 16 - Napoleon Dynamite (my absolute favorite!!), Joe vs. the Volcano, While You Were Sleeping.

Favorite music: I can appreciate almost any genre (sans rap!) But my favorite is the magical music of Gershwin. I have requested Michael McDonald's greatest hits for Christmas, which shows that I have a wide range of musical interests!

Registered at what store(s): I am not registered yet.

Thanks! I am excited to join you!

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn. Nice to see another MN family. We live in the western suburbs. Our LID is 3/21 with CCAI. We are waiting on our 4th child but first daughter. I need a little support in this house:)

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Dawn S. said...

Cari, can I have your email?

Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home