Monday, March 27, 2006

Emma and Dan from Sweden


Name: Emma with husband Dan, from Stockholm, Sweden
Girl or Boy requested: Girl or Boy (but we expect a girl)
Age requested: 0-18 months
Name: If a girl: Margit + Chinese name (The name Margit is from Dan’s grandmother who died recently at the age of 99.)
Nursery: No nursery yet. Nursery themes are not common in Sweden. We will probably decorate in a simple style, using clear or mild colors, nothing pink or baby blue, no Disney or other cartoons.
Likes or Dislikes: I like: animals, especially cats (we have two), tea, big cities (especially Paris and NYC), walking, springtime, the sea, kindness and reason, art, modern design, Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese food, long light Swedish summer nights, popcorn, the color blue, silver, IKEA.
My DH and I like spending time in our summer cottage by the Baltic Sea and to see friends and relatives. We also like going to classical concerts and traveling.
I dislike: Going to the gym, crowds, selfish and narrow-minded people, headaches (I get them a lot), spicy (hot) food, snow in late March, being late, gold-decorated things (with the exception of a few Chinese things for sentimental reasons), too much sun (I burn easily), eggs (to eat, that is).
Hobbies or Collectibles: Reading, cooking, cross-stitch embroidery. I will try to make a 100 Good-Wishes quilt for my child. (I take part of that swap too.)
Favorite Fragrance or Scent: Lavender. J’adore by Dior.
Favorite Author or Genre of books: I love novels! My favorite author is Jane Austen. I have read all her books several times. I also like crime novels. I don't mind reading in English, because the Swedish translations are seldom any good. At the moment I read a lot of Chinese books and books on China.
Favorite Movies: Pride and Prejudice, A room with a view, Roman holiday
Favorite Type of Music: Classical music, opera, jazz, singer/songwriters
Registered at What Store(s): I had no idea you could do that! (No one does it in Sweden.)
Anything else that would be useful for your Secret Pal to get to know you: We were DTC on March 10. This will be our first child. I am 35 and Dan is 37 years old. We haven’t started shopping a lot for our baby yet, but I have cleared one drawer and have collected a few things there: some books, CD’s and DVD’s, a few toys, some clothes. We live in a two-bedroom apartment in the city of Stockholm and are planning to move to a bigger apartment in a few years time. We don’t want to have a house, because we are not interested in gardening and all the other work that comes with a house. I am a member of a Swedish mailing list on adoption from China, but I find it very interesting to take part in an American list and hear how things are done in the U.S.!

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Valeri said...

My husband and I went to Sweden for the first time last summer. We fell in love with your country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home