Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Lindbergs' want to say a proper thank you for July, August and September!

Dear Secret Pals,
I'm so sorry I haven't posted any pictures until now, but as you know we have moved and have been very busy. I have appreciated your gifts as much as ever, but I just haven't had the time to find the camera, take pictures (preferably in daylight), find the cable and publish the pictures. But today I have taken time off all the cleaning and unpacking I should be doing, to finally post pictures!




The September (not October, as I accidentally wrote on the mailing list) package arrived safely a few days ago. Mr and Mrs Secret Pal had decided to spoil me and DH this month and to send presents for the family we are now. It's a very sweet idea that touched my heart! The package contained a Chinese cookbook (great, because I love to cook genuine Chinese food!), a picture with a comforting Chinese proverb ("Keep a green tree in your heart and a singing bird will come." - This will go on our wall somewhere in the new "digs"!), two beautiful Chinese tea mugs with pandas on them, hot chocolate powder (looks yummy!), a pair of pretty pearl ear rings in a little bag (so cute!), a bath duck in a swim ring (really cool!), a felt bag kit that makes a ladybug purse and some colorful toys for the cats. Thanks a lot - I loved it all!



The theme for August was Arts & Crafts and we got a beautiful ladybug canvas bag stuffed with all these things: paper and two kinds of crayons, a colorful coverall with butterflies, foam numbers for the bath tub, magnetic numbers for the fridge, a ladybug drinking cup, a strawberry t-shirt, a Mickey Mouse bib (I guess this is the clue!), some candy for us and, as always, some nice things for the cats (treats and a toy). I am so much looking forward to playing with all these arts & crafts things with my child!

The July gift consisted of a lot of great things our child can play with on the beach. I don't know the words for all of it (and I can't find my dictionary) but you can see in the picture. There was also a toy boat, cool sunglasses, a bath octopus and a very cute little Chinese farmer girl on a tractor with a cow. For us there were chocolates and for the cats a totally crazy flowerpot mouse (see picture below). The card was very funny with coffee and wine "stains". I loved everything! I very much appreciate that you send us things in all kinds of styles and colors! I love bright colors for children (even if I also appreciate pastels now and then!). Thanks for everything! You are the best Secret Pals I could imagine and I am so glad you are staying in the Secret Pal gift swap!




Selma with the crazy flowerpot mouse (on one of our million boxes...).





Finally a picture of the view from our new apartment in Uppsala. It's not meant to be religious, it's just that we live next to the Cathedral of Uppsala and a few weeks ago there was this marvellous rainbow just over the church!

Emma in Sweden with DH Dan

3 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad the mugs made it!
I guess the cocoa might be our clue for Sept., and I bet you figure us out soon (if you haven't aleady!)
The view is lovely. Are most people apartment dwellers in Sweden?
We hope you are settled in nicely. The next package just posted.
How is Daddy Dan doing with the wait? All's quiet from him, so we were curious.
Love to you both & those kitty-pies
Mr. & Mrs. SP

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Emma said...

I have my little thoughts about who you are... ;)

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, stop thinking. it will make your head swell!
xx~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home