Monday, March 27, 2006

Meet Valeri and Ron


Name: Valeri and Ron Korber

Girl or Boy requested: Boy (YES!! A BOY!!!)This will be our first child. If you happen to be my secret pal, please remember that we're requesting a boy. I've done the 100 Good Wishes Quilt and so many people sent me wishes for my "daughter." I just want people to be aware that we want a boy. If we have to wait longer for a boy, than so be it. My husband wants a son more than anything in the world. He's the last one in his family to carry on the family name.

Age requested: 0-18 months

Name: We are naming our son Jensen Morgan. Our European friends make fun of us giving our son a European last name as his first name, but we love the sound of the name Jensen. Also, his middle name is in honor of my husband's favorite actor Morgan Freeman. My husband can act out pratically every scene from the movie Shawshank Redemption if you ask him. But, please don't for my sake....HA HA!

Nursery: Our nursery is still a work in progress. It will be pale blue. Of course, when you're at Home Depot there isn't just one shade of just "pale blue"! There's about 100 "pale blue" shades. What a headache to endure! But the rest of Jensen's theme is Baby Sport Snoopy. I am a Snoopy FANATIC to put it mildly. I even have a beagle named Snoopy! My husband is a sports fanatic so our theme makes us both happy. This summer we're going to do the nursery.

Likes or Dislikes: I (Valeri) like spending time with my husband and our families, teaching, languages, traveling, listening to music, watching movies and some tv, reading, chocolate, American Idol, computers, etc. I hate alcoholics, drug abusers, people who are not responsible parents, smokers, ignorance, people pushing religion and politicts on me (I like being happily neutral), exercising, not being able to stick to a diet (ha ha), racism, and my big feet. I had to stick something funny in there. Please do not send us anything religious!!! Please respect our beliefs as I would respect yours. My husband Ron likes the Pittsburgh Steelers and Pittsburgh Penguins. His hobby is photography. He loves to snack on Kit Kat candy bars and plain M & M candies, too.

Hobbies or Collectibles: I have collected Snoopy memorabilia since I was a little girl. Now I'm always seeking Baby Snoopy things for my future son. I am also collecting lots of children's books. I am an avid reader and I want to pass this down to my son. Also we like to collect travel gear from LL Bean. I also like to collect postcards of different cities. Oh, and we also collect posters of French, Spanish and Chinese themes. My husband collects Pittsburgh Penguins and Pittsburgh Steelers items. He also collects pilsner glasses from the Hard Rock Cafe. We have a family room that is devoted to these two teams. I think our son might be wearing a few Steelers outfits someday perhaps....:)

Favorite Fragrance or Scent: I love the smell of apple and blueberry candles. I also have this one called Clean Cotton that is a favorite, too. I really don't wear perfume. Most smells don't agree with me. I don't care for flowery smells either. They give me headaches.

Favorite Author or Genre of books: I don't have a particular favorite. I read what interests me. Lately all I read are travel books about China and Europe.

Favorite Movies: My favorite movies are Grease, A Fish Called Wanda, Sixteen Candles (and I am not naming my son Long Duck Dong), Fargo, The Big Lebowski,Under the Tuscan Sun, and Caddyshack just to name a few.

Favorite Type of Music: I prefer 80's New Wave like Duran Duran, but I listen to a wide variety. I ADORE ABBA, Robbie Williams, Depeche Mode, Franz Ferdinand, and James Blunt to name a few. My husband loves all the 80's Hair Bands like Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Europe, Poison, etc. But he also loves Faith Hill. Go figure....it's gotta be the blonde thing!

Registered at What Store(s): We are registered at Toys R US, Target, Baby Depot and at Wal Mart under the names Valeri and Ron Korber. If you want to, you're more than welcome to get something off of these registries. It might save you the hassle of trying to figure out what we would like.

Anything else that would be useful for your Secret Pal to get to know you: I'm a Spanish, French and English as a Second Language teacher and my husband is a sign language interpreter. We're very language oriented, obviously!! We love to travel more than anything. Last summer we spent June traveling in Northern Europe and Scandinavia. This year we're traveling in the USA around Colorado and also New England. We live in a very small rural town with not much excitment so we travel to liven up our existence a bit. We're so excited to have all of new DTC friends here on-line. We can't wait to bring our beautiful son home from China someday soon.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I love Snoopy too! My mom has a rescued beagle mix named Tabitha. She really is a sweet dog.

We may be asking for a boy for #2, so I will be very interested in your journey!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Valeri said...

I've always had beagles. They are the sweetest dogs and so much fun and so loveable, too!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Valeri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home