Saturday, April 08, 2006

Meet Rick and Rachel BeDell


A little bit about our family:
We are Rick and Rachel BeDell from Cross Junction, VA. I am 37 and my husband is 38. We have been married for 16 years and have 2 sons. Nate is 12 and Colby is 7. I am a photographer and my husband runs the photo lab that we own. (Check out our website at www.bedellphoto.com)

Girl or Boy Requested:
Our boys need a little mei-mei - why do you think we are adopting from china! :)

Age Requested:
As young as possible

Child's Name:
Marissa + some part of her Chinese name

Nursery Theme:
I want it to look/feel like a garden. I haven't started it yet since we have so long to wait, but I'm thinking of making the walls a soft blue with some sort of painting technique to give the impression of clouds. Then I'm thinking of green carpeting and painting the trim on the bottom green too, with some wispy grass coming up into the sky blue. Then I may enlist my sister who is an artist to paint some flowers. I also love lady bugs, and dragon flies. I have no idea on bedding yet, but I am going to be making a One Hundred Good Wishes Quilt. I do like the colors pink and green. I still have the crib and changing table from my sons, it's a very light ash color.

Likes/Dislikes:
I am a chocoholic! Is there anything else besides chocolate? I love anything from China! I am a Christian, so anything religious would be nice. My favorite color is either red or sage green - depending on what kind of mood I'm in! I like flowers and gardening.
Let's see for dislikes, I don't really like anything too commercial, I guess I like things that are more traditional or classical. I don't like the color purple. I grew up in "Grape Country" and everything was purple!

Hobbies/Collections:
In case you didn't guess, I love gardening! I also love hiking, fishing, baking, biking, walking or jogging. I don't have any collections.

Favorite Fragrance or Scent:
I am allergic to perfumes, but I love anything that smells like food! Cinnamon, Vanilla, Apple, Chocolate.

Favorite Author or Book:
I don't really have a favorite, but I love reading. I wanted to mention that I already have The JoyLuck Club, Shaoey and Dot and I Love you Like Crazy Cakes.

Favorite Movies: My all time favorite is Raising Arizona, but we love anything by the Cohen Brothers. Anything that is independant and off the wall, we love.

Favorite Music: I was an 80's punk rock girl, now they call it "retro". Getting old stinks! But mostly now I listen to Christian Contempory Music. I love Casting Crowns, Superchik and BarloweGirl.

Registered at What Store: None

Thanks for doing this! This is going to be so much fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home