Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Jenni and Bob

This is a picture from last May at a Dog Walk raising money for the local Humane Society. (We are walking again this year if you'd like to donate). Saboka is the larger dog on the left, he died in December at the age of 9 and is missed greatly, we are walking in honor of him. Murphy is the spitfire in the front that I am holding onto. He is 2 and was adopted from the Humane Society.

We are from Roseville, MN a surburb of St. Paul and are both elementary school teachers.

Girl or Boy requested: Girl - we asked for twins but know the odds are not in our favor

Age requested: 6-24 months

Name: we feel like we need to see her first, but our list as of now in no particular order is: Isabella, Gabriella, Sophie, Chole, Zoe and Emma.

Nursery: I don't want anything too girlie. I was looking for a black lab/dog theme, but couldn't find anything. So I am thinking of something in aqua and geometric. I am not a big fan of the Disney, Precious Moments, etc. themes.

Likes: dark chocolate, warm chocolate chip cookies, skim milk, donuts, watching sports on tv, diet coke, my dog, Culvers, The Gap, Target, IKEA, sitting in the sun and reading, vacations in warm climates, happy endings, movie theater popcorn, REI, North Face, Adidas, Penn State, roller coasters, theme parks.

Dislikes: stupid people, coffee, being late, driving, housework.

Hobbies or Collectibles: Running marathons (I've ran 6 marathons and at least 20 half-marathons), triathlons - though biking is not my favorite of the three. I also enjoy reading, shopping, fencing and laying on beaches. I don't really collect anything - though my husband would say I collect clothes and shoes.

Favorite Author or Genre of books: I will read about anything - on vacation I go through at least one novel a day, I know, an expensive habit. I like Adventure, Mystery, Romance, Sci-Fi, if it's been around for a month and is a popular book, I've probably already read it. I don't like books or movies with unhappy endings or that make me think too much.

Favorite TV Shows (This might give you a better idea of me - Movies was too hard): Alias, Lost, NCIS, Bones, House, How I Met Your Mother

Favorite Type of Music: U2, Abba, Cold Play, not a huge music fan.

Registered at What Store(s): We registered at Target and Babies R' Us.

Anything else that would be useful for your Secret Pal to get to know you: I am looking forward to shopping and passing the months getting to know each other.

3 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Valeri said...

Love the picture! I am a dog fanatic myself! I have a beagle.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hi Jenni! I am training for my first marathon right now. Would love some btdt advice on training. I am having some knee issues, but I seem to be ok if I have a rest day between runs. Even low mileage is a struggle if it is 2 days in a row! That means some weeks i can get 3 runs and a long in and some weeks it is just 2 runs and a long. Is this enough to help me be prepared? My long to date is 12 miles, this weekend I will be doing 14. My marathon is the RNR in San Diego on 6-4. I do not have a time goal, just want to finish, and may do the run/walk Galloway method...

I also lost my Springer Spaniel in November. She was 9, too. She had hemangiosarcoma and died 6 weeks after her diagnosis. I miss her terribly and think about her everyday, so I know what you are going through!

Welcome to our group! We are DTC on 3-15...

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenni -
We live in Bloomington,MN. Not too far from you. we have a LID of 3/21/06. We are so happy to be at the official start of this wait. Looking forward to getting to know you more!

Cari

 

Post a Comment

<< Home