Saturday, April 15, 2006

Introducing the Wohlfords--Tara and John

Hi! John and I have been married for almost 4 years. I just turned 30 and John is 35. We live in Lexington, KY.

Boy/Girl-We are first time parents. We requested a girl or twins. So I guess there is a slight possibility that we could get a boy if we got twins. But we've been window shopping for girl stuff. Our hearts are set on twins, even though I know we shouldn't be getting our hopes up.

Age requested-We have requested as young as possible, up to 18 months.

Name-Gemma if we get a girl. I did my student teaching in England and loved the name. I had a very sweet Gemma in my class! If we get 2 girls the second will be Carly. If we get boys will give your their names then. We want to save a little mystery for the future!

Nursery Theme--We have a very tiny bedroom with an outdoor theme. We painted the sky, grass, and animals. But since we are trying for twins we are going to go ahead and make this a playroom so we can have a bigger nursery. I think the nursery theme is going to be hula frogs, but I'm not 100% sure on that yet. Our bathroom is full of rubber ducks.

Likes--bright colors, music, my laptop, variety--it's the spice of life, educational stuff (it's the teacher in me)

Dislikes---cats (sorry cat people)

Hobbies--quilting, scrapbooking, stamping, writing, traveling, photography

Favorite fragrance or scent-Anything, especially strong scents. Since we're having a baby, the baby powder scent has been a favorite. We try to use organic stuff as much as possible.

Favorite books/author-It has to be somewhat educational. Christian books are good. Right now I am interested in books on China and parenting. I love children's books as well and have a very large picture book collection.

Movies-The classic-Grease, I also love The Pirate Movie with Christy McNickle and Christopher Atkins. Most people have never seen that one, but I would LOVE to have it on DVD. I've worn out my VHS. If anyone knows where I can get it, please let me know!!! And I can't forget my favorite "modern" movie--Zoolander! We love to laugh.

Music--Again, variety is good. But nothing cheesy! And no rap.

Registered --Not yet. We're afraid to register this far in advance because stores change thier inventory so quickly. But we'll probably register this fall at Target and Babies"R"Us. I think we're going to register at Pottery Barn Kids. I don't know if anyone would actually buy us anything from there because there isn't one anywhere around here, but their stuff is too cute!

Thanks for reading! And thank you Secret Pal!
Visit our site http://wohlfordbabies.chinastork.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home