Monday, April 10, 2006

Sandi

A little bit about me: My name is Sandi Stone. I'm single and 43 years old. I don't have any children unless you count the 4 footed kind (a dog and cat). I grew up on a farm, where my parents still live and my brother farms. I lived in Chicago and Cleveland for about 12 years before moving back to Iowa a little over 10 years ago to be near my family. I live in a 125 year old farm house so I usually have some kind of house project going on. I'm a 4-H and Clover Kids (4-H for K-3) leader. I'm also a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.

Girl or Boy Requested: A girl

Age Requested: 0-9 months

Child's Name: Danielle “Chinese name” Ellen (my grandmother)
(Dani for short)

Nursery Theme: I haven’t started yet as I’m waiting until after Easter to start stripping all the decades of paint off the woodwork and refinishing the wood floors. When I actually get around to painting, I’m going to paint the room a sky blue with wispy clouds and I’m going to stencil pinwheels above the baseboards with some dragonflies and ladybugs thrown in for good luck. Mostly pastel colors.

Likes/Dislikes: Green is my favorite color almost any shade though I lean more towards sage and the muted hues. I love ice cream and almost all foods, though nothing too spicy. Not sure what I’ll do if my daughter craves spicy. Prefer spending time at home or with my family. Love to watch the Food and Home & Garden networks for food and decorating ideas. Have been taking some Chinese cooking classes through community ed. Hate shopping unless I have something specific in mind.

Hobbies/Collections: I enjoy all kinds of crafts (cross-stitch, cardmaking/scrapbooking, floral, quilting, etc.), fishing, reading, and gardening (though not the weeding part). I collect snowmen.

Favorite Fragrance or Scent: I wear Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. I also like simple smells like vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin, etc.

Favorite Author or Book: Nora Roberts or historical romances.

Favorite Movies: My all time favorite actor is Cary Grant. I also like the old musicals, White Christmas, Singin’ in the Rain, Mary Poppins.

Favorite Music: I was a 70’s teenager so I love the Bee Gees, Billy Joel, Elton, the Eagles, Hootie and the Blowfish, etc.

Registered at what stores: Target, Walmart, Babies R Us

Anything else you’d like your secret pal to know about you: Gift cards are always welcome so don’t stress yourself out if don’t have time to find something to match the monthly theme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home