Friday, April 14, 2006

Sarah

1) My name is Sarah Condon-Jones (aged 35) and I live in the UK with my husband, Dan, and two children - Asher (aged 4) adopted from Thailand and Abi (aged 2) adopted from China. I am a primary school teacher but at the moment I am at home raising our two imps - far more exhausting than any days work I have ever done!

2/3) We have asked for a child aged between 0 - 12 months and have left it up to CCAA to decide whether it will be a boy or a girl.

4) We haven't reached an agreement on names as yet (by that I mean I haven't quite persuaded Dan to go with my choices!) but we will keep our child's Chinese name as their middle name.

5) Our baby's room has just been painted a light spring like green with cream carpet. I don't think we will do anything else towards it until we have our referral so that we have something to do to pass the time while we wait to travel! Whatever it is it will be bright and cheerful.

Update - I saw some bamboo dragonflies in Habitat the other day (some natural bamboo, some stained geen) which has sort of inspired me to go for a slight dragonfly theme but not overly girly as we don't know if we will be having a boy or a girl.

6) Quite easy going on the likes/dislikes front. I do have a bit of an aversion to very cutesy, pastel shade baby stuff though! Oh and I'm not wildly into themed things like Winnie The Pooh, etc. I do like vibrant cartoony kids stuff, just not book/TV character things - sorry I sound really fussy!

7) I like reading, cooking, walking, crafts, meeting up with friends.

8) Favourite smells - citrus, cinnamon, fresh coffee.

9) I can not possible choose a favourite author! I like reading anything pretty much - Iain Banks, Margaret Atwood, Jodie Picoult, Amy Tan, etc, etc. I am currently reading 'Wild Swans' for about the 10th time and finding it as moving/shocking/informative as the first time I read it. When it comes to children's books I can't resist buying them. We have quite a few adoption themed ones already - I Love you Like Crazy Cakes, A Mother for Choco, Happy Adoption Day, etc, etc and they are very popular with our two kids.

10 Again I don't have any one film in mind as my all time favourite. I will watch horror (not too much blood and guts though!), thriller, comedy, the occasional weepy, true life - anything really!
11) Musical taste - It's probably easier for me to say what I don't like - country, metal, rap or very commercial pop.

12) We're not registered anywhere.

13)Anything else you need to know - Each to their own but we are not in any way religious so don't really go for things about prayer, faith, etc, etc.

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Valeri said...

A Mother for Choco is one of my all time favorite stories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home